Re: packages not built on sparc due to fixed sparc kernel bug

In article <[🔎] 20050504190557.GA12761@mauritius.dodds.net> you write:
>On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 01:30:13AM -0700, Blars Blarson wrote:
>> At least four packages (illuminator, fet, scalapack, kmd) are failing
>> to build on sparc due to a kernel bug that is fixed in the current
>> sarge versions.  (bugs 136130, 268450, 287287, 307428) Scalapack got
>> the sparc binary removed to allow it into woody.

>I don't see any reason to go out of the way to get them built.  Do you?

That's fine with me, if anyone wants them on sparc, they can build
from source or a "backport" could be done.

gcc-3.4 on sid was breifly amoung the packages affected, but an
updated version that avoids the problem has been uploaded already.

>If we're certain this is a kernel problem, then we should be able to count
>on the buildds running newer kernels once sarge is released, making security
>support possible; it just doesn't seem like anyone's missed these packages
>too terribly much if this is the first anyone's figured it out?

The kernel bug was fixed in December by Joshua Kwan, I just ran into
it on two packages a few days ago (one with the pre-woody bug already
filed).

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html