Re: question about RC bugs on small packages

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 08:36:17AM -0600, Allan Lyons wrote:
> Not having been around Debian long enough to have seen a complete
> release cycle, I have a question.  What should happen to packages
> that have RC bugs filed against them (fixed upstream) that nothing
> else depends on if the maintainer hasn't dealt with it within a
> "reasonable" period of time?
>
> 1) removed from testing (drop from Sarge)
> 2) someone else updates the package

One of these two options, depending on whether anyone gets sufficiently
interested to fix it, and on whether the package is important for other
reasons.

> 3) Sarge releases with this security bug

We might consider releasing with certain bugs that would normally be
considered RC after examining their impact. Security bugs wouldn't
usually be in that category (although of course security bugs can be and
are fixed after release too).