Re: Goobox

Dan,

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 01:05:29PM +0400, Dan Korostelev wrote:
> Goobox (a CD player)
> --------------------
>  Please approve the goobox 0.9.90-2 -> 0.9.91-1 upgrade for Sarge. It is
> already in unstable and was built on all arches. The new upstream
> release fixes a bug with invalid filenames from CD track titles and the
> bug with hibernation. Also it includes minor UI fixes and the new
> "rw" (what language is that btw?) translation. As for Debian package
> release, it fixes an RC-bug with crashing on trying to extract music
> (forgot to add a dependency) and an unparsable Debian menu item.

Since you didn't include any bug numbers here, the only one of these I know
about is the RC bug #301782.  That bug certainly doesn't require letting a
new upstream release (with new upstream bugs) into sarge.  Unless you can
explain in more detail why some of the other bugs fixed in the new upstream
release are severity: important or higher, I would appreciate it if you would
prepare a 0.9.90-3 upload to testing-proposed-updates that includes just the
critical fixes.

"rw" is "Kinyarwanda" according to ISO-639, btw; I don't think we have
enough other Kinyarwandan translations in sarge for this to make a
difference, release-wise. :)

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek