Please accept belocs-locales-bin 2.3.4-8

The changelog between 2.3.4-6 and 2.3.4-8 is attached.  The most
important change is to fix a conflict between belocs-locales-bin and
locales.  There is no bug number because I found this problem myself
when testing upgrades/removals, and did not inflate upload urgency
to not harm autobuilders since this package is of priority extra.
Other changes are also nice to have.
Belocs-locales-bin 2.3.4-8 has been heavily tested, I have no changes
pending and do not intend to upload again before sarge release.

The version in testing is currently 2.3.4-6, and 2.3.4-8 was about
to enter testing tomorrow.  But I am leaving for several days, and
do not know if I would be able to send this message tomorrow night.
Thanks for your consideration.

Denis
belocs-locales-bin (2.3.4-8) unstable; urgency=medium

  * New patch:
    + localedef_fix_exhausted_memory.diff
      Localedef failed if a symbol name has exactly 55 characters in
      charmap file.
  * debian/control: locale.gen.5 and locale-gen.8 manual pages are shipped
    by the locales package, which thus conflicts with belocs-locales-bin.
    But a Conflicts: locales field cannot be added to belocs-locales-bin,
    because belocs-locales-data Provides: locales.  At the moment, a
    Depends: belocs-locales-data field is added, it will be gladly removed
    when these manual pages are moved away from the locales package.
    The urgency is set to medium to quickly fix this conflict issue.

 -- Denis Barbier <barbier@debian.org>  Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:43:02 +0200

belocs-locales-bin (2.3.4-7) unstable; urgency=low

  * New patch:
    + localedef_LC_IDENTIFICATION_optional_fields.diff
      In LC_IDENTIFICATION, audience, application and abbreviation keywords
      are optional, thus do not report an error if they are not defined.
  * sbin/locale-gen: Do not display error messages when md5 cache files
    cannot be updated.
  * sbin/locale-gen: Ignore --keep-existing flag.  It is implemented by
    Ubuntu and may reach the Debian locales package, but is useless here
    because locales are generated only if needed.
  * sbin/locale-gen: Add a --locale-alias flag to specify an alternative
    file to /etc/locale.alias, and an ALIASES variable in locale-gen.conf.
  * sbin/locale-gen: Replace non-portable 'echo -n' by printf commands.

 -- Denis Barbier <barbier@debian.org>  Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:42:34 +0200