Re: Please push WvStreams et al into testing

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 12:01:30PM -0400, James Morrison wrote:
>   WvStreams 4.0.2-4 currently has no RC bugs against it.  It has been built
> on all architectures, except arm.  I don't except WvStreams to be built on
> arm any time soon as xplc 0.3.11 has been sitting anywhere from 240th to
> 300th place in the build queue.  Xplc 0.3.11 is already in testing.  This
> version of WvStreams fixes the USB modem issue for WvDial users.  Along with
> WvStreams, please allow RetchMail into sarge.  It has been built on all
> architectures, except arm.

The policy right now for ignoring arm out-of-dateness is that it is only
done when there is an RC bugfix that needs to get into testing.  The new
wvstreams fixes RC bugs, but the decision was already made to drop it from
testing due to the unresolved RC bugs.  These packages will have to be
sorted on arm before they will get back into testing; I'm not willing to
play favorites on pushing in package updates that aren't strictly needed to
fix RC issues.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer