Re: [damien.doligez@inria.fr: [Caml-list] announcement: Objective Caml 3.08.3]

Ccing debian-release, for info, but after having spoken with Andres i don't
think it will be needed to investigate this for sarge.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 04:57:51PM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Quoting Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>:
>
> > Oh well, it is a month after i was told about it, and i wonder if now is the
> > time for a full migration or not. I don't have time today, but will work on a
> > experimental (or not uploaded or whatever) set of packages tomorrow.
> >
> > I think we should investigate, and decide by this WE if we are going to try
> > for 3.08.3 or not, given how near we are to the sarge release and all.
>
> Why does it necessarily need to enter sarge? I think we shall not put
> an unnecessary burden on RMs' shoulders.

Well, two month ago i spoke with Steve Langasek about this, but i expected the
3.08.3 release in middle february, which would have made it different.

I think it is in the category "would be nice" but not necessary for sarge, and
maybe we should immediately start a official "backport repo" where we upload
this stuff to.

Unless there is one of those fixes which is important, and which we could then
eventually backport or something.

Friendly,

Sven Luther