gtkhtml soname change

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 02:28:01PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

> > Just so you know ahead of time.  I've been told by other QA people I
> > should go ahead and take over gtkhtml (the ancient version of the
> > library), which needs a version upgrade to solve a severity important
> > bug in gnucash.  There is only one other package which uses that
> > library, and its maintainer has given me permission to NMU a new
> > upload of his package at the same time.

> The upload of gtkhtml is done, but because it involved an soname bump,
> the runtime library package name changed and is in the NEW queue
> waiting for ftpmaster approval.

Can you explain what the needed change was that required an SONAME bump
here?

Given the preceding happiness involving gnucash, I must say that I'm not
enthusiastic about seeing another round of updates of this package for
sarge, particularly when it's bound up with updates of 2-3 other
packages. :)

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek