Re: Do not make gratuitous source uploads just to provoke the buildds!

Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> Remember that the buildd queue is not FIFO at all. The queue has a
> completly static order. Any changes to the queue are just packages
> hiding because they are not "needs-build". I consider that the biggest
> flaw of all in wanna-build.

This is news to me.

It means that when one is told "just wait, your package will get
rebuilt"; it is not necessarily true at all.  There is no upper bound
at all on time to wait for building, and that's a disaster.  People
should stop repeating the fiction then that "just wait" means "your
package will eventually get built".

Thomas