Re: axiom_20050201-1

Greetings!

> Camm,
>
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:36:57PM -0500, Camm Maguire wrote:
> > Greetings!  I don't believe axiom is frozen, but this last upload on
> > 2/21 had some changes to the package structure.  In any case, it has
> > atypically not yet been accepted into unstable.  If anyone could
> > expedite its processing so it might have a chance to autobuild for
> > sarge, I think it would greatly strengthen Sarge's quality in the eyes
> > of mathematically inclined users.
>
> That is a question for the ftpmasters, not for the release team; beyond any
> RC bugs in the version of axiom currently in the archive, we aren't going to
> ask the ftpmasters for special treatment for packages in NEW (and I wouldn't
> expect them to listen to us if they did).

Fair enough.  What is the current status of NEW?  Can one monitor it
anywhere?  Is NEW receiving any different treatment now due to the
approaching release?  I could always rerelease with the old package
structure, but I thought some might like the option of being able to
use axiom without X.

Take care,