Re: apt-listchanges in standard (was Re: Release update: ...)

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 11:44:12AM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:

> * Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org) [050224 10:55]:
> > Why should this be a blocker? Packages don't get installed on buildds
> > just because they're standard; promoting apt-listchanges to standard has
> > no effect on buildds.
>
> If installing apt-listchanges on the _host_ system breaks buildd, than
> it has an effect. Please give me time to check whether this is (still)
> the case.

Ah, I didn't realize you were talking about the host system.  There is a bug
report open against apt, but I haven't been able to confirm it.

In any case, I don't see how it could break anything (just produce some
error messages).

--
 - mdz