Re: Woody to Sarge upgrade and Debian menu.

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 05:44:26PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Op di, 11-01-2005 te 17:39 +0100, schreef Richard Atterer:
> > Why don't you ship a dummy "update-menus" command?
>
> Because that would break other packages.

Sorry if I'm being dumb, but in what way would it break other packages?
According to the docs, calls to update-menus should always be wrapped like
this:

if [ -x /usr/bin/update-menus ]; then update-menus ; fi

which would do nothing if the current menu package (non-executable binary)
is unpacked, just like it would do nothing if a dummy "update-menus" is
present in the unpacked package.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯