Re: Pushing renattach from unstable to testing

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 01:02:57PM -0800, Mats Rynge wrote:
> I have a package which I think fits the following description:
>
>   - If your package is frozen, but the version in unstable contains no
>     changes unsuitable for testing, upload to unstable only and contact
>     debian-release@lists.debian.org if changes need to be pushed through
>     to testing.
>
> The package in question is renattach.

renattach is not frozen, so the above paragraph doesn't apply to it.

> There is a security flaw
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=287889) which has
> been fixed in unstable by uploading 1.2.2.

In future please upload security fixes with urgency=high rather than
urgency=low, and then for non-frozen packages you probably won't need to
contact the release team at all.

I've raised the urgency for you, so renattach 1.2.2-1 should go into
testing tonight.