Re: lurker 1.2 held back by libmimelib1 from kdepim (3.3.0-2)

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 05:02:51PM +0200, Jonas Meurer wrote:
> lurker 1.2 is in debian/unstable since more than 2 weeks now, and it's
> not in sarge yet, because the depend on libmimelib1 3.3.0-2 from the
> source package 'kdepim' holds it back.

> as the version in sarge is 1.0, an upgrade would be very usefull, to fix
> some bugs in lurker, and make the database more robust.

> i've uploaded a new version of lurker, built in testing (sarge)
> yesterday, as i hoped to improve Depends with that, but somebody at
> #debian-devel asked me what the autobuilders will do, and that's a very
> good question *g*

> so i suggest an upload to testing-purposed-updates, what do you think?

> lurker 1.2 in debian/unstable is free of bugs, as version 1.0 in sarge
> is, and builds without any problem in sarge and unstable.

This was covered in the last d-d-a email.

 - KDE 3.3 has been uploaded to unstable; however, at this time it does
   not look like the packages will have stabilized in time for sarge's
   release.  This means that if you have a package that depends on KDE,
   you will need to upload any sarge fixes to testing-proposed-updates
   instead of to unstable.  Please remember to build and test these
   packages against sarge, not sid!

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer