packages which dropped some archs

Hi,

during the last days, I had the chance to consider a bit about the
situation of packages that are held up from getting a current version
into sarge because they dropped support for an arch, but that arch is
not removed by the ftp-masters. Currently, these packages don't go
into sarge. However, I personally would prefer to allow these package
to enter sarge soon, because that would give us more time to detect
any bugs in relation with other packages in sarge (even though the
optimal solution would of course be if a ftp-master would drop the
binaries from sid, instead of a release manager to force packages
through).

Comments on this? If you agree, I can create a list of necessary hints
(including a link to the relevant bug reports).

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/