Re: Criteria for getting a upload in tpu approved (exim4)

On 2004-07-15 Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 01:32:07PM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > I am pondering to try to get a new exim4 into sarge by means of
> > testing-proposed-updates.

> > Rationale:
> > exim4 is blocked by perl, and there is not yet hope to get this
> > resolved soon. The version in testing has a minor security bug
> > (CAN-2004-0400) and lots of outdated translations.

> I think that's reasonable considering the security update, but we'll
> have to read over the diff. Please don't include anything
> unnecessary/risky or anything that makes the diff (both of source
> packages and binary packages) hard to read.

Well, I had planned to simply upload 4.34-2 + the translation updates
currently in CVS with a different version number. This does not fit
the criteria you listed above, the interdiff is not minimal but does
include bigger changes (new upstream, changes to debconf
config-script, ...):
ametzler@downhill$ interdiff -p1 -z exim4_4.32-2.diff.gz \
     exim4_4.34-2.diff.gz | filterdiff -x '*/po/*' -x '*.templates' |\
     lsdiff | wc
   27      27    1243

OTOH 4.34-2 is rather well tested, it has been in sid since 2004-05-31
and I'd like to get it into testing. - The new upstream simplifies
some part of the configuration due to new features but mainly consists
of bugfixes.

If this is unacceptable I can try to prepare a 4.32-2.sarge.1
consisting of 4.32-2 + translation-updates + CAN-2004-0400.
         thanks, cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"