Criteria for getting a upload in tpu approved (exim4)

Hello,
I am pondering to try to get a new exim4 into sarge by means of
testing-proposed-updates.

Rationale:
exim4 is blocked by perl, and there is not yet hope to get this
resolved soon. The version in testing has a minor security bug
(CAN-2004-0400) and lots of outdated translations.

Would this be acceptable or are the rules for tpu as strict as the
ones for updates to stable?
         thanks for considering, cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"