Re: snafu in libopencdk upload

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 06:23:15AM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi,
> > OK. I'll build a new version with a build-conflicts against libpth-dev.

> I'm reasonably confident that nothing breaks, so I've uploaded a
> version that build-conflicts with libpth.

> HOWEVER:

> Programs which end up linked against both libpth and libgcrypt7 will need
> to be checked for possible breakage. Since that includes indirect linkage
> (i.e. no explicit dependencies), does anybody have a tool that can find
> these cases, assuming any exist?

What sort of breakage are you actually expecting here?  If it's already
been established that there are no packages which use the pth-enabled
gcrypt library, I don't see any way that removing that library would
affect packages that use libpth with the non-pth gcrypt.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer