libdv (the chainsaw solution)

Hello,
I've watched libdv for some time as it is part of the whole gnome2.6
mess (gst-plugins0.8 depends on it) but I think it just won't go in
without force.

I'd suggest something like this being introduced tomorrow, when
kino is 10 day old:

# the newer gem in sid is quite broken, FTBFS on multiple archs.
remove gem/0.87cvs20031031-3
# the newer, libdv4-compatible motv in sid cannot propagate
# because it depends on newer motif, which is out of date on s390 and
# arm.
remove motv/3.72
# This one sucks. kinoplus only FTBFS on arm
remove kinoplus/0.3.2-1

This (perhaps together with a hint) should/might get the new versions
of kino, libdv, libquicktime and xawtv into sarge.

I have tried, and am still trying to get new motif into sarge, but I
am unable to build the missing archs currently. - There is no
publically accessible arm machine (debussy is down for quite some
time) and asking on debian-arm has not yielded any results. (I have
hopes for s390, I am just waiting for the admins to install the necessary
build-depends.)

arm/nonfree seems to generally broken.
                  cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.