Re: Packages not moving to testing

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 04:25:57PM +0900, ehikory@mail.goo.ne.jp wrote:
>     I've just been looking at the http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/ output, and found
> a number of packages that might be able to go into testing with a little help.
> I'm not very familiar with the hinting process, so I would appreciate if someone
> could translate these into the appropriate hints, or alternately explain why the
> situation in currently unresolvable.

Thanks!

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2004/02/msg00065.html

>     The following packages render themselves uninstallable when entering testing:
>
> batick/1.5final-3

Should be batik; likewise needs Java.

> libxtm-perl/0.36-1

Conflicts with perl (>> 5.8). I've filed a bug.

> snes9express/1.42-1

Dependency snes9x-x is missing on a number of architectures.

> stardict/2.4.3-1

Hardcodes library dependency list rather than using ${shlibs:Depends}.
The dependency on libc6 breaks alpha and ia64. I've filed a bug.

> xmmplayer/0.3.3-1
> mplayerplug-in/2.60-1

Probably candidates for contrib overrides, when they're implemented.

> xfree86-driver-synaptics/0.13.0-1

Built on s390 despite its lack of xserver-xfree86. Anyone?

>     The following package groups seem interdependent, but otherwise OK:
>
> ace/5.4.0.1-1, dbbalancer/0.4.4-6
> r-base/1.9.0-1, tseries/0.9.21-1
> sablevm/1.1.3-1, sablevm-classlib/1.1.3-1

All hinted in various ways. I'm not sure how r-base and sablevm will
work; we'll see.

>     The following packages render themselves uninstallable when entering testing,
> and also have a dependency on the updated r-base:
>
> boot/1.2.16-2
> its/1.03-1
> foreign/0.6.8-1

The dependency explains why they render themselves uninstallable; I'll
ignore these unless they continue to have problems after the new r-base
is promoted.