Packages not moving to testing

    I've just been looking at the http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/ output, and found
a number of packages that might be able to go into testing with a little help.
I'm not very familiar with the hinting process, so I would appreciate if someone
could translate these into the appropriate hints, or alternately explain why the
situation in currently unresolvable.

    The following packages render themselves uninstallable when entering testing,
and also have an unfufillable Java dependency.  Isn't this allowed for contrib?

charva/1.0.1-3 needs j2sdk1.3 | j2sdk1.4
libitext-java/1.02b-3 needs java2-runtime
jetty/4.2.19-1 needs j2re1.3 | j2sdk1.3 | j2re1.4 | j2sdk1.4 | java2-runtime
rhdb-explain/2.0-1 needs j2re1.4 | java2-runtime
freeguide/0.7.2-2 needs j2sdk1.4 | java2-runtime

    The following packages render themselves uninstallable when entering testing:

batick/1.5final-3
libxtm-perl/0.36-1
snes9express/1.42-1
stardict/2.4.3-1
xmmplayer/0.3.3-1
mplayerplug-in/2.60-1
xfree86-driver-synaptics/0.13.0-1

    The following package groups seem interdependent, but otherwise OK:

ace/5.4.0.1-1, dbbalancer/0.4.4-6
r-base/1.9.0-1, tseries/0.9.21-1
sablevm/1.1.3-1, sablevm-classlib/1.1.3-1

    The following packages render themselves uninstallable when entering testing,
and also have a dependency on the updated r-base:

boot/1.2.16-2
its/1.03-1
foreign/0.6.8-1

   Thank you.