Re: libpqxx: i386 binaries have gone missing

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 22:57 +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> - - libpqxx-2.2.0 was obsoleted with the upload of libpqxx-2.2.1-1 which
>   replaced the binary package with a new libpqxx-2.2.1 package.

Well, they have different names so libpqxx-2.2.1 didn't replace
libpqxx-2.2.0. They're both in the archive.

> - - Neither are out of date on i386, because I uploaded i386 builds of
>   both.

libpqxx-2.2.0 is considered out of date because it has a lower version
number than the libpqxx source package currently in the archive.

> It looks like it's saying that no libpqxx-2.2.0 package was built from
> the libpqxx-2.2.1 source, but that's perfectly correct.  Is the
> override info for libpqxx incorrect or something else wrong with the
> archive metadata?

No, I don't think anything is incorrect. It's just that the different
versions of this package have different names, so they are considered
to be different packages. You need to ask for the old version to be
removed. According to the [1]removals log, it seems that earlier
versions of libpqxx-x.y.z were found by the "rene" script and then
removed.

[1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals.txt

--
Pelle