Re: why is hamlib-1.2.0 not in testing yet?

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 05:24:40PM +0200, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> I was hoping someone can explain the output of:

> http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=hamlib

> It says: "Updating hamlib makes 4 depending packages uninstallable on
> alpha: gpredict, grig, tlf, xlog"

> I don't understand what is going on here. All of these packages seem to
> have been build on all architectures, including alpha. So what is
> holding back hamlib from going into testing and why is this only a
> problem on alpha? What do I have to do to get hamlib into testing?

When a change is made to the package name of a library, manual
intervention is required so that those packages will enter testing
together.

I've hinted hamlib for consideration; if all of the packages currently
in testing that depend on hamlib have been rebuilt and are also eligible
for consideration, this should make it into sarge shortly.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer