[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Please refrain from non-RC gcc-3.4 uploads until a new version has entered sarge

Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> Frank Küster writes:
> ok, I'll upload a new versions with urgency=high. The current packages
> are not suitable for sarge. We'll need newer packages for
> - gcc-3.4_3.4.3-6, containing a current libunwind lib.
> - libunwind-0.98.3-3
> - gcc-3.2_3.3.5, depending on the new libgcc1 from gcc-3.4_3.4.3-6
> - glibc -20, depending on the new gcc-3.4.

Glibc also needs a minor patch for amd64. It now has to create the
/lib64 and /usr/lib64 symlinks. It would be nice if those could be
added before glibc is pushed into sarge.

> I'm currently waiting from the ia64 people review of the packages at
> http://people.debian.org/~doko/gcc-3.4/ After that I'll upload the
> packages. A new glibc should be uploaded, after the gcc builds have
> started, or else the gcc builds will fail due to an uninstallable
> locales package (which I fail to understand why that dependency isn't
> fixed :-( ).

arch:any <-> arch:all versioned depends.

> Sorry for inconvenience, that unwind based exceptions was more painful
> than expected.
> 	Matthias


Reply to: