[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Please refrain from non-RC gcc-3.4 uploads until a new version has entered sarge

Frank Küster writes:
> Hallo Matthias,
> gcc-3.4 (3.4.3-5) unstable; urgency=low
>   * Updated to gcc-3.4 CVS 20041215.
>  -- Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org>  Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:54:45 +0000
> Do you know that a couple of packages, at least tetex-bin with a RC
> security fix, cannot enter testing because they are waiting for
> libunwind on ia64, which in turn depends on libgcc1 and hence on gcc-3.4
> to enter sarge?

> I would be glad if you would consider a reupload with urgency=high,
> either of 3.4.3-5 or -4, in order to allow a timely fix of these RC
> bugs. I don't grok all the magic of testing migration, but although some
> arches haven't built gcc-3.4 since 3.4.3-2, yesterday it was waiting
> only for one or two arches.

ok, I'll upload a new versions with urgency=high. The current packages
are not suitable for sarge. We'll need newer packages for

- gcc-3.4_3.4.3-6, containing a current libunwind lib.

- libunwind-0.98.3-3

- gcc-3.2_3.3.5, depending on the new libgcc1 from gcc-3.4_3.4.3-6

- glibc -20, depending on the new gcc-3.4.

I'm currently waiting from the ia64 people review of the packages at
http://people.debian.org/~doko/gcc-3.4/ After that I'll upload the
packages. A new glibc should be uploaded, after the gcc builds have
started, or else the gcc builds will fail due to an uninstallable
locales package (which I fail to understand why that dependency isn't
fixed :-( ).

Sorry for inconvenience, that unwind based exceptions was more painful
than expected.


Reply to: