Re: smlnj blocked from testing. circular dependency

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 01:56:30PM -0700, Aaron Read wrote:
> I believe smlnj is not entering testing because of a circular
> dependency (smlnj has itself as a build dependency) if I understand
> this correctly:
>   http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=smlnj

No, circular dependencies are not an issue here.

> There is also a sml-nj package that needs to be removed from testing
> at the same time. I don't know if this is a contributor to my problem.

The sml-nj package is related to the problem, but it has nothing to do with
what's in testing.  Is there a reason for the name change of this package?
If the sml-nj package is done, you should request its removal from unstable
by filing a bug against ftp.debian.org.

The current status is that there are lots of smlnj and sml-nj binaries of
different versions in unstable, and the archive scripts can't sort out which
binaries belong to which source packages.  For that matter, neither can I at
a glance; but it seems that at least one version of the smlnj source package
was uploaded that produced an sml-nj binary package, so I think the old
sml-nj source package will need to go from unstable before this can be
cleared up.

> Let me know if there is anything I am doing wrong or any thing I can
> do to get my package into testing. New releases keep coming out and
> the clock keeps getting set to 0 (I have a 110.51 package ready).

Er, you don't *have* to always upload the newest upstream version?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer