Re: Release update: GNOME 2.8, yes; freeze date waiting for infrastructure

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 09:21:25PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> Getting testing-security up and running is blocking on a couple of
> changes to the archive configuration.  Security uploads are first
> uploaded to their own archive while the security announcement is in
> preparation, and later (via a tool called 'amber') uploaded to the
> main archive.  At the moment, it would be possible for an upload to be
> accepted by the security archive but then rejected by the main archive
> due to the automatic requirement that all packages in testing-security
> have a version no greater than that in unstable.  Losing security
> uploads this way isn't acceptable, so there has been discussion among
> the archive maintenance team about how to fix this.  A pseudocode
> solution has been constructed and is now being implemented.  Once
> that's done, we should see testing-security support soon afterwards.

Thanks for the update.

You say "a couple of changes" but then seem to list only one (changes to
amber).  Is there something else blocking this as well?

Simon.

--
Just another wannabie | Deja Moo - the feeling you've  |  Just another fool