Re: Dist-Uprade on HPPA64

Hi Andreas,

On Tuesday, 30 Nov 2004, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some more questions:
>
> What would be the issue with installing an 32bit-kernel for
> dist-upgrades? (If this is a silly idea, please tell me.)

i did not test it. should i?

I also don't think it's a good idea to install a 32bit-kernel. Persons
running 64bit-kernel whould have to:

1.) install backported modutils
2.) install 32bit kernel
3.) reboot
4.) dist-upgrade
5.) install a 64bit kernel
6.) reboot

IMHO this is one reboot too much... And as you saw on weekend, HPPA
machines need some time to (re)boot....

> Also, which version of modutils was used?

"dpkg -l modutils" gives:
ii  modutils         2.4.26-0.backports.org.1		Linux module utilitie

> Thanks for your work,
no problem.

Greetings
Martin

--
"The great question... which I have not been able to answer... is, `What
does woman want?'"