Re: please allow mutt 1.5.6-20040907+2 into testing

On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 12:11:34PM +0100, Joerg Friedrich wrote:
> Dear Release-Managers,
>
> please allow the latest mutt into testing even its frozen.
> it has a huge performance increase when using it with imap-folders with
> many messages if header_caching is enabled.
>
> i.e. mailbox with ~ 4500 msgs:
> without header_cache opening of this box is ~ 90 sec.
> with header_cache every further opening is ~ 5 sec.
>
> I considered switching to another mail client until I found this new
> feature.
>
> afaik there are no important bugs open even though these new features
> are in unstable since late August.

Please talk to the maintainers of this package first (unless you have
done so and just don't mentioned it). I see the changelog entry
"The post-Sarge era officially begins for mutt" as a strong indication
that they don't intend to ask us to hint it to testing...

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/