Re: wget for sarge update

Am Sonntag, den 03.10.2004, 21:38 -0700 schrieb Steve Langasek:

> > If you (release and security team) don't have any objections I will
> > upload -7 to testing-proposed-updates in the next 2 days.
>
> You might want to fix the build dependencies first.
>
> dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is s390
>  /usr/bin/fakeroot debian/rules clean
> debian/rules:11: /usr/share/dpatch/dpatch.make: No such file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/share/dpatch/dpatch.make'.  Stop.
>
> (http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=wget&ver=1.9.1-7&arch=s390&stamp=1096740331&file=log&as=raw)

Yes, you are right. My fault to forget to add dpatch.

> I'm not going to accept an upload to t-p-u that makes off-point,
> substantial changes to the build rules.  Pushing this from unstable to
> testing might be doable, but being free of severity: serious FTBFS bugs
> is an obvious prerequisite.

> Moving patches around like you have here also makes it more difficult to
> use tools like interdiff and debdiff to review the changes.  This is an
> absolute non-starter for t-p-u; for unstable->testing propagation, it
> means I'm likely to let the source age in unstable for a bit before
> pushing it in, since I don't have the time to fully review the changes
> directly.

I thought it might help  to use dpatch. If you prefer to get back to
non-dpatch wget for sarge, I will do it. -6 is the package without
dpatch which I could reupload as -8 and after it went into sarge I will
change back to dpatch.

Do you want it this way?

--
Noèl Köthe <noel debian.org>