Re: RC policy - editorial clarifications?

* Matthias Klose [Sun, 03 Oct 2004 23:35:52 +0200]:
> Andreas Barth writes:
> > + the already discussed topic of recommends (IMHO yes, as main should be
> >   a closure, and broken recommends break that; although I tend to
> >   sarge-ignore if there is no other clean solution, as all-packages
> >   don't support something like foo[i386] in their recommends line);

> you can do this, but it's more pain in every package than a change in
> dpkg:

> Recommends: ${arch-recommends}

> and in debian/rules:

> ifeq ($(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE),i386-linux)
>   dh_gencontrol -- -Varch-recommends=foo
> else
>   dh_gencontrol
> fi

  if I understood it correctly, the issue was with Architecture: all
  packages whose recommends are only available on some architectures
  (e.g., education-common recommending grub).

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

America may be unique in being a country which has leapt from barbarism
to decadence without touching civilization.
                -- John O'Hara