Re: packages stalld in t-p-u by missing builds

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 02:27:17PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Does anyone know why these packages are not yet built on all arches
> in t-p-u?

Only that the correlation is with architectures, not with packages;
there are specific architectures that are holding up the approval of
arch: any packages through t-p-u right now.  Given that testing-security
is an earlier milestone on the release timeline than is the use of t-p-u
for all fixes, and that is also still a blocker, I don't really expect
this situation to change in the immediate future.  Pulling packages in
from unstable is a better option where feasible.

>   aptitude | 0.2.15.6-0.sarge5 | testing-proposed-updates | source, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
> 	Missing alpha and mips builds, this version of aptitude fixs
> 	installation of standard packages on new installs, and fixes
> 	a bug that made tasks not work at all in some locales (#264716).
> 	It's a blocking item for the next d-i release.

> 	This was uploaded a full month ago.

> 	IMHO, if we can't get a build in t-p-u, it would be better to
> 	copy 0.2.15.6-1 from unstable, which is built on all arches already.
> 	The changes between 0.2.15.6-0.sarge5 and 0.2.15.6-1 are fairly
> 	small and have not broken anything over the past 5 weeks since
> 	it was released.

Actually, the diff between testing and t-p-u for aptitude is large
enough that I'm not really willing to approve it via t-p-u anyway.  The
package in unstable, having been hammered on a bit, is ok assuming the
maintainer agrees that this version is suitable for sarge.  The diff
seems to indicate that the translations aren't as up-to-date in sid as
they are in sarge, though.  Daniel?

>   whiptail |  0.51.6-14 | testing-proposed-updates | i386, m68k, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
> 	Missing alpha, arm, mips, hppa, ia64, this fixes some nasty
> 	bugs that make it impossible to select time zones in Argintina
> 	and cause garbage to be displayed sometimes.

> 	arm need to be re-queued, and the ia64 and hppa builds happened,
> 	but seem to have gone missing.

Have you requested a requeue on arm?

> 	This was uploaded a week ago so perhaps I'm just impatient. :-/

7-10 days seems to be a good rule of thumb for chasing up missing
builds.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer