Re: mozilla & mozilla-thunderbird build on mipsel finished

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>         Hi!
>
>  I've built mozilla[1] and mozilla-thunderbird[2] on mipsel after the
> latest binutils update, and it finished quite nicely. It looks good, and
> I'd like someone to check the build loggs (especially Thieme Seufer) if
> the problems they saw previously are still there (from my scan they
> don't -- but this build log is too huge for me to check it throughly,
> although I've scanned it). debdiff says the packages are fine, too.
[snip]
> [1] <http://alfie.ist.org/debian/mipsel-build/mozilla_1.7.2-4.build>

Mozilla uses still the broken xpcom layer, regxpcom will segfault on
installation.

> [2] <http://alfie.ist.org/debian/mipsel-build/mozilla-thunderbird_0.7.3-6.build>

This looks good, but current binutils still breaks large xgot-compiled
libraries. This affects libgklayout.so in mozilla, mozilla-firefox and
mozilla-thunderbird, and causes them to segfault at startup.

I have a patch for binutils here which appears to work, testing it
currently.

Thiemo