Re: Any chance to get rosegarden4 allowed into testing-proposed-updates?

Enrique,

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 11:39:15AM -0400, Enrique Robledo Arnuncio wrote:
> [Please Cc: me in replies to the list]

> I guess it is too late now, but I will ask, just in case...

> The latest rosegarden4 upload was made shortly before the last
> low-urgency uploads call (and shortly after the upstream
> release). When the KDE 3.3 uploads where made 10 days later, I hoped
> that following queue logic rosegarden4 would be built against KDE 3.2
> in all archs. I was wrong. At least in s390 the KDE 3.3 packages have
> started being built before rosegarden4.

> As a result the current rosegarden4 in unstable will never get into
> sarge. That is a pity, since it is 6 months newer that the version in
> testing, with lots of (non-RC) bugs fixed.

> I could re-upload rosegarden4_0.9.9-1 to testing-proposed-updates. The
> problems I see with this are:
>   - It does not fix any RC bug.
>   - The diff with the version in testing is probably huge.
>   - It is a big app. It will make a dent in buildd time.

> But maybe the release managers think that there are other things
> delaying the freeze right now, and it would be worth it?

I would accept an upload of rosegarden4_0.9.9-0sarge1 to
testing-proposed-updates that matches the 0.9.9-1 already uploaded to
unstable.  Based on your description of the changeset, we would of
course not consider this a blocker for the release in the event that it
fails to get built on all architectures.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer