Re: Remove postgresql-plruby on ia64 from sarge?

On 2004-09-03 Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> The latest postgresql-plruby package does not build on ia64 because the
> configuration script hangs indefinitely until the buildd kills it.  I
> have asked around for help, but so far without success.  Assuming that
> no fix for this problem appears very soon, can the previous build on
> ia64 be removed from sarge so that the rest of the architectures can
> proceed, or should I upload a new revision that excludes ia64 from the
> architecture list (not my preference)?
[...]

No, and no.

A package will propagate from sid to sarge if and only if it is in sync
on all architectures. The release manager's can only remove a complete
package from sarge but cannot change sid. And if postgresql-plruby is
dropped from sarge the situation does not improve, you are still stuck
with this situation in sid:

postgresql-plruby |    0.4.2-1 |      unstable | ia64
postgresql-plruby |    0.4.2-2 |      unstable | source, alpha, arm, hppa, i386, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc

i.e. the package is not in sync and cannot propagate.

You'd need somebody to to remove postgresql-plruby/0.4.2-1/ia64. The
release-manager cannot do that, only ftpmasters can. (reportbug
ftp.debian.org)
           cu andreas