Remove postgresql-plruby on ia64 from sarge?

The latest postgresql-plruby package does not build on ia64 because the
configuration script hangs indefinitely until the buildd kills it.  I
have asked around for help, but so far without success.  Assuming that
no fix for this problem appears very soon, can the previous build on
ia64 be removed from sarge so that the rest of the architectures can
proceed, or should I upload a new revision that excludes ia64 from the
architecture list (not my preference)?

The fault is in the configuration script, which is written in ruby
itself, and since the script works on all other architectures and
certainly contains no if ($arch = ia64) then suspend(); instruction, I
suspect that there are more general issues with ruby on this platform.
Even if someone succeeded to shake the script until it works, I don't
feel comfortable right now about supporting this package on this
architecture.

What should I do?