binutils causing many packages to fail to build

binutils 2.15-1 directly causes several packages (including glibc) not
to build on sparc/sid, and indirectly causes dozens of packages not to
build.  Looking at the RC bug list for binutils, it looks like it is
causing similar problems on other architectures.

This problem is bad enough that I think the release team should
comment on it, to ether advise the affected packages to use tpu when
the package maintainer thinks appropriate, or to say the release will
wait on binutils.

On sparc, I think it will take most of a week to rebuild everything
once binutils is fixed.  This could take several weeks on the slower
architectures if they are affected as badly.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html