Re: please hint vegastrike into testing

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 03:35:17PM -0400, Mike Furr wrote:

> One of my packages, vegastrike, is finally ready to go into testing.
> The only problem remaining is my request for ftp-master to remove the
> m68k binaries from sid has not yet been completed (filed 233942 185 days
> ago) and thus it appears out of date on m68k.  I pinged the report
> yesterday, but after reading Jame's laptop woes on d-d I didn't want to
> bother the ftpmasters further(since the bug, in and of itself, is not a
> big deal).  Would it be possible to just hint vegastrike into testing
> for now?

Outdated binaries need to be replaced or removed first, otherwise we
would have binaries in testing with no corresponding source.

The bug report about the m68k build failures suggests that it should
build better with gcc-3.4, which is now in the archive.  You might
consider preparing a package that's configured to use gcc-3.4 as the
compiler on m68k, and getting someone to do a test build for you, so
that the updated package has a chance of getting into sarge without
requiring ftpmaster intervention.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek