Re: Status of H323 packages in Sarge/Sid

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 11:44:04PM +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo wrote:
> >
> >  Hi,
> [...]
> >
> >  So, basically, we're copletely lost with this bug. And to round things
> >  a bit more, while trying to debug it, we faced other bug: GM 0.98.5 fails to
> >  compile from source in Sarge due to GTK_DISABLED_DEPRECATED flag being
> >  set on upstream sources. (#266442)
> [...]
> >  Any advice?
> >

> Hi,
>
> we did some investigations on that bug at the BSP weekend in Darmstadt. what i
> found in my buildlog, is that it is using pwlib 1.6.6 but expecting 1.6.5
>
> | checking for PWLib version... 1.6.6
> | Sorry but the recommended PWLib version is 1.6.5
>
> perhaps one should investigate on that. as i am not very firm in that, i might
> be wrong.

 Mmmm... are you sure you were using gnomemeeting 1.0.2-5? This should
 require version 1.6.6 (as it's the one used by buildds)

 So I think that's not the problem. But who knows...

> if you want me to compile a new version of GM on hppa without uploading a new
> one to debian, just drop me a mail containing a link where to fetch the new
> source.

  The problem is that we don't know where the failure can be, as it's
  quite strange and GM shouldn't be using any different code in hppa
  than other arches.

  If you have time to spend, you can help us by making two tests:

   - Get binutils_2.14.90.0.7-5 from snapshot.d.o
   - Get sid pwlib/openh323 libs
   - Compile current GM (1.0.2-5)
   - If it still fails with the same linking error,
     + Get pwlib and openh323
     + Compile both with that binutils
     + Install
     + Compile GnomeMeeting
   - fi
   - Report any info you can get to this list

   Thanks for your help,

P.S: CCed you as I don't know if you're subscribe to any of the lists
mailed.

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
   jsogo@debian.org