Re: Some RC bug work

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 12:07:36PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I'm very new at this (this is the first time I've tried to help out with
> RC bugs), so please let me know if what I've done here is useful, and
> please let me know how I can make it more useful.  I am not (yet) a Debian
> developer, so I can't upload NMUs, but I'm trying to make it as easy as
> possible for those who can by putting analysis and patches in the bug
> logs.

You're doing great AFAICT.

> I don't believe the following bugs are RC:
[... leaving this to the official release team ... ]

> #167544  hbf-jfs56: postrm needs to be prerm, missing Depends

will NMU this

> #256093  interchange: bug in package logic requiring prerm workaround

this sounds klunky, leaving for now

> #260311  arla-kernel-source: installed newly built module incorrectly

Mikael has announced he is on vacation until August, 6th. Leave this
for a few days more.

> #262012  gnome-media: provided patch to link shared library correctly

I think the GNOME team already takes care of this

> #262434  debian-zh-faq: one-line patch needed to debian/rules

Very new. Coming back to this in a few days, too.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/