[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Removing php4-imagick?

On 30 de jul de 2004, at 22:54, Steve Langasek wrote:

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 12:41:07PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 07:23:19PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 03:48:19PM +0200, Bruno David Rodrigues wrote:
Imagemagick 5.x dissapeared from SID and Testing and has broken
Upstream have a new version which should re-start working with
imagemagick 6.0, but I'd rather wait another version to make sure it's
stable enough.
In the mean time, it's better to remove the package from testing as
there's no imagemagick 5 at all in there, and I think it was a mistake.
As soon as we get a new upstream version, I'll fix this package.

Thanks for noticing.

The version of php4-imagick in testing/unstable depends on

vorlon@newraff:~$ madison libmagick5.5.7
libmagick5.5.7 | 5: | testing | alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc

This package is therefore installable in sarge, and there is no RC
motive for removing it at this time.

Ok, perhaps it's a bit too early to remove it. It may become a problem
when imagemagick is again ready (together with the rest of the libtiff
transition) to go into testing...

Yes, I see that libmagic5.5.7 will need to be removed when libtiff is
ready to transition.  So at that point, php4-imagick will have to be
removed from testing if no solution is found that lets it build against
the new imagemagick.

Fair enough. I'll take care of it in a couple of days.

Reply to: