Sarge and real i386-boxes

since some time, it's not possible to upgrade to sarge with an real
i386-box (real mean: not i486 or higher). This is due to changes in
the gcc, and therefore we need an upgrade kernel etc, see bug #241497
for the details. It was intended to put this kernel into

As this bug is open since some time, my question is this:

Does anyone of you feel obligated to upload a kernel, tools and/or to
write a README? Or should I just go ahead and upload the appropriate