Re: please make an announcement

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 10:51:41AM +0100, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> GNOME 2.6 is being uploaded to _experimental_; see
> http://pkg-gnome.alioth.debian.org/package-status.html for details.

That is good news and in fact I did know that already. I was really
trying to refer to the discussions about gnome 2.6 - a lot of people
have suggested that it should go into sarge and so be uploaded to
unstable immediately.  There's even a debianPlanet story at the moment
"GNOME 2.6 in Sarge?"

It's the fact that the discussions are taking place that is worrying -
it means that in cases where there aren't lots of people discussing new
releases a maintainer might just upgrade to a major new version.

--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :