Re: tracking removals from testing

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 03:53:42PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Moving this from IRC to the list:

> <vorlon-work> Would it be worth considering a "testing" pseudopackage
>               that people could file removal requests against?
> <Kamion> no problem as far as I'm concerned, although I occasionally
>          browse the ftp.debian.org pseudopackage. People sometimes file
>          bugs tagged sarge there.
> <vorlon-work> hmm, that's a thought, I guess.
> <vorlon-work> I'm just finding it easy to lose track of all the removal
>               requests coming in, the BTS seems like a good fix.

> So I've been reluctant to do anything like this, because I really think
> that overlaps with the RC bug list -- essentially everything in testing
> with an RC bug should be removed from testing [0] and everything that
> gets removed from testing should have an RC bug -- and refiling every
> RC bug against some new package seems a bit silly.

> Maybe we should use the "confirmed" tag on RC bugs as a cue that the
> package definitely needs removing? (Or perhaps a "sarge-confirmed" tag
> until version-tracking is finished)

How much work would it be to make the "confirmed" tag usefully visible
under http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical?  We seem to be running
out of colors on the palette there :), and having a handy list seems to
be the catch.  Not much point in trying to use the tag that way if it's
not readily queriable; the mailing list isn't a terrible way to handle
these, just not perfect.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer