Re: Package removal proposals

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 05:30:21PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> >> remove dict-jargon/4.4.4-4
> >> FTBFS (#229435).  Eventually it will be fixed and it can go in again, of
> >> course.
> >
> > Um. It's Architecture: all.
> So what?  It still has source and object files, since it generates stuff
> from XML.

It's consistent among architectures, and works fine as it is. Not building
from source in a newer environment would be troublesome if we had to update
it later, but even then it can still be solved with patch, and it's unlikely
that any update would be urgent (at least I don't see how a security bug in
a gzipped text file is probable).

> > Surely not all problems need to be resolved with an axe?
> As I said, "Eventually it will be fixed and it can go in again, of course."
>
> Do you want to release with packages which don't build from source?
> That is the only question here.  No prejudice against the package.

No, that's not "the only question here".

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.