Re: remove packages from testing

* Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org) [040219 06:10]:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 11:00:52PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > I'd consider removing the following packages from testing. For all
> > packages, I'm writing mail to the maintainer to fix them, if they
> > don't want them removed. I'll mail -release again in 14 days to remove
> > all not fixed packages, so no action is requested at the moment.

> I don't see any reason at all to wait on a number of these, given the
> age of the bugs.

Well, viewing it from a different angle (from the view of a package
maintainer), a removing from testing is quite often considered as
unfriendly act. (No need to discuss that with me. ;)

So, I consider my mails as last wake-up call for the maintainers, and
only if the fail to act on this, I'd really go forward to removals
from testing.

(Next one where you could IMHO remove now is ppxp, as the mails to
that maintainers are a bit older.)

Cheers,
Andi
--