pth brokenness on ia64: solution?

reopen 229430
thanks

Well, it doesn't look like pth has ever worked right on ia64, in spite
of having been built there; so I think this comes down to a porting
issue, which should not necessarily hold back pth (and jabber) if
handled correctly.

Since 'make test' correctly picks up on this brokenness, I would suggest
the following:

- enable 'make test' as part of the pth package build, and upload
- request removal of the out-of-date binary packages on ia64 (and any
  other archs that fail make test)
- downgrade bugs 208583 and 225780 to "important" and merge
- reupload jabber to trigger a rebuild on all archs (not strictly
  necessary, but makes it easier to identify binaries to remove in the
  next step), and close 229430
- request removal of the out-of-date jabber binaries on ia64 (et al.)
- request removal of out-of-date jabber transport binaries
- profi^W release.

Any thoughts, objections to this approach?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer