Re: Assignments II (2003/04/03)

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 07:24:28PM -0600, Bdale Garbee wrote:

> > New bug filed about the arch-specific build failure.  No response yet
> > from maintainer.  Will NMU with an explicit gcc 2.95 build dep if no
> > response this week.

> Be careful if you do this, gcc-2.95 was never used on ia64 and hppa so you'll
> need an architecture-specific build dependency if you you're going to force
> something other than the default compiler.

Yes, sorry for the omission.  I'm aware of the arch-specific variance
here, as documented in the gcc transition guide.

> On the other hand, 0.5.2-1 appears to have built for everything except alpha?

Yes, but the bug can only be fixed with a sourceful upload.  It looks
like it could be made to build on alpha by kludging the build
environment, but I'd rather put the effort into fixing the fact that the
package is currently non-buildable on all archs.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer