Re: Some observations regardig the progress towards Debian 3.1

I like this idea of pre-testing. It would allow to cut down the versionned
dependencies caused by automatic detection and allow a quicker move to
testing.

The issue I see however is that a package rebuilded that way would go into
testing without being tested by anyone. What if a given package fail to work
when compiled with libs in testing? I agree that would be a missing
versionning in the build-dep, but who would detect it?

I'm afraid that such mistakes would lead to the disparition of the package
from testing until its versionned build-dep comes into testing, which would
be even more problematic than outdated content of testing, IMHO.

Thanks, Mt.