Re: arla/heimdal/krb4/cyrus-sasl2 ?

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 10:36:20AM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 04:09:56PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:28:39AM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> >
> > > Are these four ready to be hinted in together, or am I missing something?
>
> > According to update_output, at least PostgreSQL needs to go into
> > testing before heimdal can go into testing.
>
> > PostgreSQL waits for glibc and perl.
>
> > glibc waits for linux-kernel-headers.
>
> > perl has a RC bug.
>
> It also is out of date on mips and m68k.

The problem on mips was a bug in glibc, that was fixed in glibc 2.3.2-8,
so the next time it is tried perl should build on mips.

AFAIK the build failure on m68k was a kernel bug, but my memories might
be wrong.

> And although the patch in 220486 is a nice improvement if it works as
> advertised, I don't think it should be considered RC given that suidperl
> has been using the same flawed security model for years.  So getting it
> in sync across archs is more important at this point, IMHO.

I haven't looked into the patch in #220486, but it's also possible that
it's RC and it should even be backported to stable.

But that's the decision of the perl maintainer and the security team.

> Steve Langasek

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.