Re: ecartis rc bugs are woody only

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 11:36:06AM -0700, Blars Blarson wrote:
> Since the release-critical bugs in ecartis are not present in the
> version in sid, would it be possible to get the removal of it from
> sarge recended?

> The submitter of bug 178342 has been using an upstream release older
> than the one in sid (and I think older than what was in sarge) to
> avoid the problem.

The version of ecartis in sarge *was* affected by these problems; it was
no more recent than the version in woody, and in fact, was older than
the upload in proposed-updates that addressed a separate security
problem.

However, having been removed from sarge, there should no longer be any
reason to hold the package from getting back in.  I previously reported
on the status of past removal candidates in
<20030927203906.GA14293@quetzlcoatl.dodds.net>.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer